This policy sets out:
- what is considered personal information; - what personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect, hold, use or disclose personal information;
- the purposes for which we collect personal information;
- how to seek access to and correct your
- personal information;
- how to contact us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us.
When you submit inquiries, request information or give us feedback on or in relation to this Site, we will ask you for the relevant personal information like your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, if applicable or when you sign up Partner you will be asked to provide credit card information. We may also ask you to provide other information in connection with your request, such as your location and your preferred means of communication, as well as other information.
Information from your use of this Site. We may automatically receive information when you visit this Site. This includes information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies, the date and time of your visit, and the web page you have visited immediately prior to visiting this Site.
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to Phigit or are a long time visitor, please take the time to get to know our practices.
HOW WE USE the information
We may use the information you voluntarily give us:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To process transactions.
- To send you commercial communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing this Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our communications.
We may use the information we receive from your use of this Site in the following ways:
- Your IP address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as non-personal information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
- Your browser: Certain information is collected through most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version.
To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ located outside the Site. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout located outside the Site. Pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our communications and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
We may use and disclose this information consistent with local law.
If we combine non-personal information (information that does not personally identify you) with personal information (such as combining your name with your geographical location), the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as long as it is combined.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services. These companies are contractually required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose except to carry out the services that they are performing for us. To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- By you, on the forum and profile pages and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal information, or any other information, on the Site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you no longer want to receive electronic newsletters, marketing communications, and other communications related to other products or services offered by us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link available in each email or email us through the Contact Us page request to be removed from our email marketing database.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information that has been previously provided to us you may send us an email through Contact Us.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared it. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our products or services.
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
The Site is not directed to minors, and we request that children under 18 not provide personal information through the Site.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by using our Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which have different data protection rules than in your country.
we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose to us any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise.
Please note that online communications are not always secure; so please do not include sensitive information in your inquiry to us.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you. We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Members of our websites will generally be able to access and update their membership details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.